Saturday, August 18, 2007
Oh, how blessed I have been!
1. I read in this morning's paper that Rosalyn Carter is celebrating her 80th birthday! Her public comment was that she has had a blessed life! She said that she would like to slow down but that she keeps seeing needs that must be met in society and must respond. She also commented that she loves being involved in life. What a beautiful attitude!
2. For the last two weeks, I have had the opportunity to contribute again to the successful lives of some very wonderful 7th graders. I am enjoying being involved with teaching again. Our classes are filled with students who are finding their way into the adult world. Some are insecure and ill-at-ease socially. Some have too much confidence. Some are working well below their abilities and/or their grade levels. Each individual has his/her individual wishes, desires, hopes and dreams. I hope to make a positive impact on their lives. I have "adopted" three specific students to concentrate on - to attempt helping them turn their lives in a more positive direction than they have chosen so far.
3. I have been given strength beyond my expectations to keeping up a mentally hectic and physically exhausting schedule recently.
4. Our pastor inspired me last week to redefine a mission statement for my life. I passed along some tips to my students to try to help them to clarify their reasons for living and for their school experience.
5. I have a wonderful supportive family.
6. I have loving and giving children and grandchildren.
7. I have children and childre-in-law when are making positive contributions to the next generation and to society in general.