Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition 48 for me

Thirteen Song Lyrics (non "religious" ones) that are encouraging or inspiring for Joan


1. When I'm Strong
by David and Jenny Heitler-Klevans


I feel good - when I'm strong
I don't have to follow, or just go along.
I feel good - when I'm strong
When I decide for myself, what's right and what's wrong.


2. We Can Move the World
by Joe Crone

We can move the world, we can touch the sky
We can climb the highest mountains, spread our wings and fly
We can learn to be what it is we're meant to be
We can learn to grab our dreams and look for all possibilities
We can move the world.


3. Time of Your Life
by Green Day


Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.


4. I Believe I Can Fly
by R. Kelly


I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away



5. You Raise Me Up
by Josh Groban


You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.




6. What A Wonderful World
by Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.



7. I Hope You Dance
by Lee Ann Womack


I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking



8. Forever Young
by Rod Stewart

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
Surround you when you're far from home




9. Where Everybody Knows Your Name
(Theme From Cheers)

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.



10. The Worlds Greatest
by R. Kelly


I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain deep up high.
Hey you made it
I'm the worlds greatest.



11. The Rose
by Bette Midler


When the night has been too lonely and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose



12. The Impossible Dream
by Elvis Presley


To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear the unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To write the unrightable wrong
To be better far than you are
To try when your arms are too weary
The reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Whithout question or pause
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will be peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world would be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star


13. You'll Never Walk Alone
by Elvis Presley

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.

No comments: