Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Three Word Wednesday - My Edition #4

Three Word Wednesday. Each week, Bone, at If You Read Only One Blog This Year, posts three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything.

This week's words are:

  • Endless
  • Ought
  • Shadow
Summer

The first of June arrived today
Nipping at the heels of May.
Hoards of children, newly free,
See summer days stretch endlessly...

Summer camps; friends' sleepovers;
Hunting for four-leaf clovers;
Pick-up games in the yard;
Marshmallows nicely charred.

Who was that hurrying by?
I think I recognized July.
She rushed by and left no shadow
While we were playing in the meadow.

August looms; still we caper.
Back-to-school sales fill the paper.
Wonder who'll be in my class?
Not my friend Jenny -she didn't pass.

Hair is cut. Supplies are bought;
School is starting, as it ought.
Here I go. I'm on my way!
A brand new school year starts today!

No comments: