Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition 47 for me



Thirteen J-Things about Joan

1…. I'm JUST myself. I am not inclined to "put on a front" too often. As Popeye always said, "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam."

2... Lots of J-names in my family -folks who are very important to me: Jim, Jan, Jane, Josh, Johnny, Joey, Jonathan, James, Jack, Jess, Jared, and, of course Joan (a name I now share with one of my granddaughters) to name a few.

3... I enjoy reading and Journaling (otherwise known as blogging.)

4... Jonquils are one of my favorite Spring flowers. I have never quite been able to retain in my feeble head the difference between jonquils and daffodils, but whatever they're called, they are yellow, sunny, cheerful and pretty -- and come up early when we need a bit of Spring.

5... Jamaica is one of the Caribbean islands I have visited and enjoyed. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting Dunn River Falls there. ----->

6... One of the few TV shows I make a point to watch is Jeopardy. Another one is America's most wanted with John Walsh.

7... I think that a lot of J-words are fun to say: jellify, juvenescent, jubilee, for example.

8... I find a couple of expressions using J-words interesting, maybe even entertaining: jumping jehosaphat! and Jiminy Cricket!

9...I am married to a joker. My DH can remember and effectively tell jokes better than anyone I know.


10.... I love jewels -- especially diamonds, emeralds, and sapphires.

11.... I loved the old Steve Martin slap-stick movie, The Jerk.

12.... Two of my favorite months of the year begin with the letter J: June and July. And January gives us a sense of a new beginning and the possibility of starting over and doing a better job this time.


13.... Without jactation, I declare this blog to be one of the most exciting sites on the internet.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: