Thursday, May 03, 2007

National Day of Prayer 2007

Today is the National Day of Prayer

"Millions will answer the call to prayer on May 3, the 56th annual National Day of Prayer, by flocking to observances held in public venues to pray for the nation, governmental leaders, media, churches, families, and schools." —from the NDOP's official website

As American troops fight for freedom and battle the war on terror, citizens of the United States are preparing to celebrate their freedom to gather, worship, and pray. The National Day of Prayer is an annual event in which millions of American unite to pray for our country and leaders. Wherever you live, there will be persons of faith gathered today at city hall to pray. Why don't you join them? I will be at my city hall from 12:20-12:40 today praying with others for our country.

The Bible says: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

No comments: