Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition 27 - Thirteen Things about Joan

Thirteen Things you probably don't know about Joan


  1. I like to draw and paint.
  2. I cannot ride a horse. I've tried twice and the mount ran away with me both times
  3. I unofficially collect a lot of odd things: old coins, state quarters, old keys, antique butter molds, antique architectural stained glass, dolls, quilts.
  4. My idea of a really enjoyable day is wandering alone through a good estate sale or a large, junky antique shop/flea market -- or even a neighborhood-wide series of yard sales.
  5. I have been faithful to my husband for 43 years.
  6. In spite of the fact that one of my greatest enjoyments in life is finding a good bargain, I would really like to be wealthy and be able to buy without considering price.
  7. I have had only two automobile accidents in 50 years of driving a car. Only one caused significant automobile damage.
  8. I dislike television - especially reality shows.
  9. I dislike being the center of attention -- especially birthday celebrations.
  10. I nearly died of complications from surgery in 2001.
  11. I have not burned any bread in a couple of years!
  12. I love to travel -- flying in airplanes, going on cruises, walking on the beach, being a stranger in a crowd.
  13. My husband and I have been on 20-25 islands, some off the coast of the US, some in the Caribbean, and some in the Mediterranean.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: