Thursday, February 01, 2007

She Who Laughs Lasts!

At the last Friends of the Library book sale, I bought She Who Laughs Lasts compiled by Ann Spangler. It contains short personal experience stories by a number of well-known women of faith. The section titles include "Did I Do That?" "Men and Marriage - What Could Be Funnier?" and "Every Kid Has a Funny Bone." Each of these sections contains several stories, each written by a different woman. I have approached this book in a random fashion and have read stories scattered throughout the book. I plan to take it with me to read in the waiting room tomorrow when I take my mother to the hospital for a relatively minor surgical procedure.


The compiler of this book tucked in a few quotations and short items at random between stories. One that I enjoyed was a quote from Helen Hayes. She said, "The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy."

No comments: