Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Have You Ever...?

Michael at The Euphemist did this meme the other day -- it could be interesting .....I revised and shortened it somewhat for this post. If you are in the mood, find one or two you'd like to respond to, then leave a comment or write your own post about it and link to Daddy's Roses.

Have you ever...:

Crashed a friend's car? No. I have seldom driven a car belonging to someone else.
Been dumped ? No
Been fired /laid off? No
Snuck out of your parent's house ? No! Not sure I'd admit it if I had. My mother reads this blog.
Gone on a blind date? No
Lied to a friend? I am sure I have -- at least along the lines of, "Don't worry about it. Your hair looks fine. Really!"
Skipped school? No. I loved school. I don't even remember skipping any classes in college.
Been to Canada? Yes, an eon ago! Visited my sister and her husband when they lived in Buffalo, New York; and we spent a day in Toronto.
Been in a fist fight? No, you got a problem with that?
Been to Mexico? Yes. Several times to port cities while on cruises and once to Mexico City.
Eaten Sushi? You kiddin'? I don't even eat COOKED fish if I can help it!
Met someone in person from the internet? Several -- all very nice people.
Taken pain-killers? Surely there is no one who can answer no to this one!
Had a tea party? Nope, not that I can remember -- but then memory is not my strong point.
Cheated while playing a game? Don't think so.
Fallen asleep at work ? Actually yes! I was taking an antihistamine, and I absolutely fell asleep one day while working with a small group of children at a table. I was with children, however; so you know it was a 10-second snooze!
Felt an earthquake? Yes, just a few years ago - right here in NW GA.
Touched a snake? Why would I?
Been robbed? Not exactly. Been pickpocketed, though. That is my strongest memory of the great Coliseum in Rome!
Petted a reindeer/goat? Can't remember if I have - maybe with the grandchildren at the Yellow River Game Ranch.
Won a Contest? Yes. I won $100 shopping trip to KMart about 20 years ago. I also won the State Declamation Contest when I was a senior in HS. I was selected Teacher of the Year at my school -- is that a contest?
Been in a car accident? Not a serious one -- 3 relatively small ones.
Had braces? No
Eaten a whole pint of ice cream or a whole package of cookies at a sitting? Not at a sitting -- maybe at a walking or a riding.
Witnessed a crime? No
Swam in the ocean? Oh Yeah! Many times -- something I really enjoy.
Sung karaoke? No, I wish I had the social courage.
Paid for a meal with only coins? Yes, several times (fast food meals)
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Don't think so. We're not talking other liquids and other orifices, right?
Crashed a party? No
Worn Pearls? Not real natural, made in oysters,ones.
Jumped off a bridge? Nooooo
Eaten dog/cat food? No!!!!!!!
Kissed a mirror? No
Glued your hand to something? fingers to fingers
Been kissed under mistletoe? Would I kiss and tell?
Done a one-handed cartwheel? Yes! I used to love gymnastics and was on the tumbling team in college.
Talked on the phone for more than 2 hours? 'fraid so.
Didn't take a shower for a week? Maybe as a kid?? Not since I can remember.
Picked and eaten an apple right off the tree? Yes. Yummmm And tomatoes right off the vine (or should I say, "right off divine"?)
Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot? Not by a complete stranger, a partial stranger, or anyone I know!! A complete stranger did tell me I was "pretty" when we were in Jamaica though. Of course he was trying to get me to come into his craft booth and buy something!

No comments: