Friday, May 10, 2019

Mothers Day Weekend 2019

Mothers' Day always leaves me in a quandary. I want to celebrate my very special mother, of course; but so many other mothers are important to me.

So many other women of my mother's generation also mothered me in some way, I'd be afraid to start listing names. Many have gone on to the next life; but among the living, those I celebrate this weekend are my loving, nurturing aunts, Annie Scarborough (although she's closer to my age than mother's, she's still my aunt) and Eugenia Shaw.

There were nurturing teachers and the mothers of my friends who served "in loco parentis" during my growing-up years. I am grateful for their guidance.

It is vital to me that my grandchildren have good mothers; and I celebrate the fact that they DO! So I celebrate Lyn Davis and La Donna Turrentine, their very loved mothers. Likewise my nieces and nephews are precious to me, and I celebrate my sisters, who are, with their husbands, responsible for raising them to be the fine adults and citizens they have become. Janice Shaw Crouse, Sheila Matthews Shaw, Carol Shaw Johnston, Deborah Shaw Lewis, Beth Shaw Hearn Roszel, and Vicki Brown Shaw.

I also celebrate on this Mothers' Day weekend the fact that God allowed me to be the mother of two of His most precious children, Lyn Turrentine Davis and Steve Turrentine, and that by their marriages, I have had the opportunity to co-mother La Donna Rabern Turrentine and Ricky Jack Davis.

I will stop at this point, although there are so many wonderful women whose lives have touched and impacted mine throughout my days and years. I thank God for each of them.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love you! All those mothes are precious to me as well.