Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition 43 for me


Thirteen Interests that
my DH and I do NOT share:

1…. Movies. He loves 'em; I can't seem to stick with one long enough to get involved in it. That is kinda strange since I enjoy reading fiction and can read for hours at a time. I think I just don't like for someone else to determine the setting and interpretation of the story for me. I want to picture it and hear it in my own mind like I do when I read.

2.... Seafood. His favorite; I don't eat it except as I need to for health reasons. Occasionally I find salmon that I can eat without having to choke it down.

3.... Sunday School. I haven't attended Sunday School in years. I enjoy church and independent Bible Study, I just don't like to be a part of a continuing group in a class. I'd like to see Sunday School set up with a catalog from which a person could choose a short-term class to attend and study a particular subject. There would be the potential to choose a new class every couple of months. I'd also like to see more intergenerational mingling in classes. I also do not enjoy gender-separated or even age-separated groups.

4.... Pets. He always had pets growing up and enjoys caring for dogs and/or birds. I'd rather spend time, energy, and money on almost anything else.

5.... Vacation Spots. I enjoy beach vacations; he prefers mountains, swimming pools, and cooler weather.

6.... Temperature. I am the cold-natured one; he sweats if the temp rises above 60!

7.... Time of Day. He's a night owl; I am an early bird.

8.... Food. He really enjoys vegetables, cornbread, and healthy food. I'd eat pizza and tacos all the time if I didn't exercise a little discipline. I enjoy fresh vegetables in the summer time, but I don't enjoy canned or frozen veggies and definitely not dried beans as a regular diet.

9.... Family of Origin. I have six siblings; he was raised as an only child (with an older sister who did not live in the household.)

10.... TV Shows. He enjoys sports shows and movies. I enjoy Dateline, 20/20, America's Most Wanted, 48 Hours Investigates, etc.

11.... Health. I am prone to headaches; he gets colds.

12.... Okay, I'm getting desperate to fill out this list to the prescribed number, so...... Gender. He's male; I'm female!

13.... Blog. I do; he doesn't.

Well, there you have it!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: