Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Three Word Wednesday - My Edition #2

Welcome to Three Word Wednesday. Each week, Bone, at If You Only Read One Blog This Year..., posts three (or more) random words. Those who participate try to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. If you decide to join us for this writing exercise, go to Bone's blog and comment and let us know you have done the 3WW, and we'll come visit! This week's words are:

  • packed
  • cozy
  • anticipation

My attempt this week is a short vignette.

The theatre was packed as we edged past knees and over feet excusing ourselves slowly toward our reserved seats.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. I'm sorry. Thank you."

Sighing deeply when we reached our seats, we settled in and began scanning the printed program.

Although this would be our sixth journey through "The Phantom of the Opera", the anticipation was building. Each producer and director finds new ways to cast the performance. Each stage crew emphasizes different parts of the settings and finds unique creative expression in the use of special effects. Each Phantom's voice offers something others did not. Each Christine reacts in her own style to the events of the drama. "The Phantom of the Opera" is never the same musical performance twice!

As the lights dimmed for the beginning of the performance, I leaned into the cozy warmth of my husband's shoulder and whispered, "I am so glad to be in the audience this time, aren't you, my dear? Someone else is having the butterflies tonight; we are no longer the Phantom and Christine. Let's just 'listen to the music of the night.'"


No comments: