Saturday, April 14, 2007

Turning Disaster into Deliverance

I just read this thoughtful and thought-provoking post at Blue Star Chronicles. Beth has some sage comments on dealing with unexpected, unsought, and/or undesirable "reversals of fortune" in our lives.

Consider these closing paragraphs, then go read the entire post. (The boldings below are mine to draw your attention to the statements that I found most helpful.)

If I haven’t learned anything else in my life, I have learned that things are rarely as they appear on the surface. I’ve learned that what gives every appearance of being a disaster can have marvelous results - even if it’s in the long run. I’ve learned that you have to roll with it and be willing to tough it out till you see what’s around the next bend in the road. There’s always another bend in the road.

So what do you do while you are toughing it out? I say, take control of the parts of it you can control, don’t let yourself be a victim, let go of the parts you have no control over, take a deep breath and look around yourself.When you have done the part that you can control, at least for the time being, then take care of your mind, body and spirit. Relax cause tomorrow is another day.



No comments: