Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday Seven - 9th Edition

A Weekly meme for giving thanks or noting important events in our lives.
As usual, I have been blessed beyond my wildest expectations this week. As the well-known song says, "I think to myself, 'what a wonderful world!'" Below I have listed Seven quotations that have given me a smile, a boost, or a kick in the pants this week.


1....
I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. (John D. Rockefeller Jr.)


2....
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. (Diane Ackerman).


3....
A foursome of senior golfers hit the course with waning enthusiasm for the sport."These hills are getting steeper as the years go by," one complained."These fairways seem to be getting longer too," wheezed a second."And somehow, the sand traps seem to be bigger than I remember 'em too," said the third.Hearing just about enough from his buddies, the oldest, and the wisest of the foursome at 87-years-old, piped up and said, "Oh my friends, just be thankful we're still on THIS side of the grass!"


4....
The axe soon forgets, but the tree always remembers. (Shona saying)


5
....Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself. (Chinese proverb)


6
....I am so glad God sees the whole video tape of my life, and not just a snapshot of where I am now.


7
....I decided to take an aerobics class. I bent, twisted, gyrated and jumped up and down for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.


Bonus #1
....If I never had a bad day, how would I know whether I was having a good day?


Bonus #2
....If we'd confess our sins to one another we'd all laugh at the lack of originality.

No comments: