Monday, March 12, 2007

Random Flickr Image 0564 - Sisterhood

I viewed several pages of Flickr images with this identifying number before deciding on this one to post. (There were dozens more pages that I did not view.) I chose this picture, which I assumed to be of sisters, in honor of my four sisters. My strong emotional response to this photo centered on the facial expressions of the two little girls. The taller girl's hand on the younger one's back and the proximity of the girls' bare feet demonstrated their comfort and familiarity with each other. The way the younger child is leaning into the older one implies her affection for her protecting older sister. The shadows of the trees and the drooping limb of the willow tree help create the comforting mood of family and home.

IMG_0564
Uploaded on 4 October 2005

Tom Hilton at If I Ran The Zoo originated and posts "Random Flickr-blogging" every Monday and invites other participants. Check out how it works here.

No comments: