Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sunday Seven - 4th Edition

1. We have an offer on our house. That is the good news. The bad news is that the offer is $30,000 under the asking price. So we have some thinking and talking to do.


2. We have finally got back into our routine of walking daily. I don't know why this has been so hard to do, but maybe we are on our way again.

3. We put up new blinds put in the family room.

4. I had two classes this week and earned two PLUs toward my recertification. I enjoyed the classes, too. The Advanced Microsoft Word class refreshed in my mind some of the seldom-used features and some I had forgotten about. The other class I took was Using Microsoft Publisher. It was good to have some time to experiment with those applications without seeming like I was wasting time. I designed a new web page; but I am not sure I have the courage to replace the one I am using and risk problems I don't know how to solve.

5. The weather has been great this week! It has been mostly sunny with very mild temperatures for February.

6. I have done some interesting reading this week. I finished reading a good thriller, Night Fall, by Nelson DeMille. I also read another section of C.S. Lewis's book The Four Loves. I will write about it soon. There have been some interesting op-ed articles in the AJC this week that I have thought about a lot. I have several half-written posts about some of them. I spent quite a bit of time helping my son on writing assignments for a doctoral class on Multicultural Education. that has been very enlightening. We read and wrote a report on Esperanza Rising, a semiautobiograhical children's book by Pam Munoz Ryan about a young Mexican girl who comes to the US during the Great Depression. We also reread a couple of books written by my brother-in-law and sister: The Big Picture and the children's version of the book in the Today's Heroes series, Ben Carson. The authors of these books are Gregg Lewis and Deborah Shaw Lewis. If you have not read these two outstanding books about an outstanding man, you should read them post haste.

7. My granddaugher, Aggie, and I survived a duck attack while we were walking around the community lake yesterday. They didn't even break the skin when they pecked my legs. Aggie panicked and used me for a barrier, but she thought it was funny later.

Happy Sunday Seven, Friends!



No comments: