Friday, January 05, 2007

Cheesy Chicken Recipe and Game Night

I prepared an easy and very good meal tonight. Our son and his family and my mother joined DH and me for a meal and a game night. The chicken recipe is one I got from my SIL (the one I mentioned in my Thursday Thirteen post.) Here it is:

8 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
bread crumbs (optional)

Dip the chicken breasts in ranch dressing then in the bread crumbs. Place the chicken pieces in a shallow greased baking dish or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, then sprinkle with cheeses and bake about 20 more minutes.

I prepared a tossed salad, put out a plate of fruit, heated some ready-made wheat rolls, made some good Southern iced tea, and cooked a package of frozen creamed corn. The meal was ready quickly and was very good. (Just for the record, we did NOT have blackened bread for this meal -- almost, but not quite!)

After dinner, we sat around the dining room table and played a vigorous game of Password followed by a loud game of Family Feud. My DH and our son took turns MCing (keeping time, keeping score, asking questions, etc.) and playing. Our two oldest grandchildren were on the team with me and the others were on the other team. And as they say, "A great time was had by all! I won't gloat and tell you how badly we beat them in Family Feud!

No comments: