Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Tag

The Good 'ol Days
Christmas 1955
I got tagged with this meme by Beth at Blue Star Chronicles.

Ok this is how it works. The player (me) must list 3 things that I would love to get for Christmas. Then I must list 3 things that I definitely do not want to get for Christmas. Then I tag 5 friends and list their names. The one I tag needs to write on their blogs about their Christmas wishes then tag 5 more people. They must also clarify all the rules. When you tag someone you need to leave a comment that says “you’ve been Christmas tagged!” in their comments and tell them to read your blog. Ok everybody.

Three things I would love to get for Christmas:

1. World Peace. I unashamedly quote Sandra Bullock in her role as "Miss Congeniality". So trite, but so true -- I guess that is really the first wish for most of us.

2. A high-capacity flash drive.

3. Hey, this is a wish list, right? so --- a huge, ostentatious home on at least 10 acres (and the income to keep it up!)

Three things I definitely do NOT want to get for Christmas:

1. More stuff. I DEFINITELY do not want more "stuff." As a matter of fact, I told my children that their best gift for me would be to come get some of my "stuff" and haul it off.
2. Clothes that don't fit. I really dislike returning items to stores.

3. A Pet. While I do not want to spend MY time, money, and energy taking care of a carpet-soiling animal and having a house that smells like a kennel, I will defend to the death YOUR right to do so! I certainly do not dislike animals, I just prefer to spend my time reading, writing, walking, surfing, and talking to someone who can talk back.



I Christmas tagged: You. If you are one of 5 readers of this blog who has not already been tagged, then consider yourself tagged with this meme.

No comments: