Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Cakes

Ummm -- I wish you could all smell our house right now. I just finished baking and frosting two cakes: A chocolate pound cake with dark chocolate fudge frosting and a jam cake with creamy caramel frosting.

These are "made from scratch" cakes baked from long-standing family recipes.

The cakes are pictured with a gift basket that our neighbors brought over as I was taking the cakes out of the oven.

The chocolate pound cake and fudge frosting are my Mother's recipe. The jam cake recipe is from a family friend, and the wonderful caramel icing is my mother-in-law's recipe. She was well-known all over her home city of Corbin, KY, for her caramel cake, on which she used this frosting.

To paraphrase Emeril, I wish my blog were a smellablog, so you could enjoy it with me. I've probably gained five pounds just by breathing for the last hour!

No comments: