Thursday, March 02, 2006

Book Recommendation?

I need one good book to take with me on our trip. I have recently grown weary of reading mysteries, police procedurals, legal thrillers, and the like. I just slogged through a couple that I should have enjoyed, books by authors I have previously enjoyed: Tom Clancy and Steve Martini. I have a box full of similar books waiting to be read, but somehow none of them appeal to me right now. I need a book to get lost in -- one that will shorten the flight. I have an $80+ credit at the used book store, so something not-too-recent would be especially good. What do you suggest?

Will you, dear readers, recommend ONE book that will: hold my interest, be uplifting, and be small enough to tuck into my (large) purse to pull out on the plane. I will be waiting for your recommendations.

No comments: