Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Beautiful Macon Georgia

I spent the day in Macon, Georgia, today. I rode down there with my husband late yesterday and we spent the night. It is only a 1 1/2 hour drive from our home near Atlanta. Jim had a meeting at Vineville United Methodist Church there from 8:00 until 3:00 today. I dropped him at his meeting early this morning, drove to the mall a few miles away, and walked around inside the mall until the stores opened. It was a little too cool to walk outdoors (and I didn't know of anyplace else to walk.) Anyway, I stayed at the mall until noon, got in over 12K steps. Then, since the weather had warmed up and the afternoon was so gorgeous, I took off on foot near the church where the meeting was being held and walked for an hour or so in a lovely residential section of Macon. By the time we were ready to head back to Atlanta, I had logged over 8 miles today toward the Monthly Marathon.

No comments: