Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen

Rise and ShineRise and Shine by Anna Quindlen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am catching up on best sellers from the last few years. I finished this one a couple of hours ago. I always enjoy Anna Quindlen's novels - she makes the reader think. I enjoy her use of language. I few examples: "I don't even have a dog. I tell people I'm allergic so they won't think less of me. Instead I have a cat, the pet that ranks just above a throw pillow in terms of required responsibility." "I love it," I said, which like most simple declarative sentences was an oversimplification merged with a lie and overlaid by the mists of blessed memory..." "I felt prosperous, as though I had so much, so much, as though I had been flat water and now I was carbonated..."

http://www.blogger.com/%3Ca%20href= all my reviews

No comments: