Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard

The Deep End of the Ocean (Oprah's Book Club) The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I usually enjoy reading about characters whose author makes me think, "Oh, yeah, I know what he/she means. I have felt the same way." I like to read about characters who think about their motives and examine their lives. Given those parameters, it is surprising that I enjoyed this book. I did like the book, but I was very puzzled by the main character's approach to motherhood. I was troubled to some degree by the author's shallow dealing with motivations and relationships. I think that what kept me reading was the fact that the book dealt with the issue of how identity is defined in lives. While I don't necessarily agree with conclusions Mitchard reached, I did enjoy the debate.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: