Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Seven - 44th Edition


Gee - ain't life terrific?! Gee - hey, there's an idea! I'll list seven things that start with G that I am thankful for this week!

1. Grandchildren. There. I'll bet ya didn't see that one comin'!

2. Gladiolas. Actually these are probably my least favorite flower (I dislike the way florists use them to make triangular points in arrangements for church - week after week after week); however they ARE flowers and they DO start with G. So I will use them as the symbol for flowers in general. I do love flowers. Go over to Terrell's blog this AM and see the beautiful early Spring pics he took after school on Friday. All the pictures are not of flowers, but all are of the natural beauty around his school building; and his captions for the pictures are poetry.

3. Glamour. I wish I had taken a picture. Our son's youngest daughter came over last night to show us the glamourous dress they had bought for the pageant she will be in later this month. Oh my! That precious little 9-year-old looked spectacular with her uncombed hair, her bare feet, and that long hot-pink glamour-dress!

4. Games. I enjoy using my mind in leisure moments. I do sudokus; I play spider solitaire and regular solitare. When our grandchildren visit, we often play speed scrabble. They love it; it is fast and fun; it is educational. What more could one ask?!

5. Green. Certain shades and instances of green are among my favorite visual treats. I love the early Spring green of new foliage on trees. I am glad I have green eyes - they are less common than blue or brown. I am glad ONE of our children and ONE of our grandchildren also has green eyes like me and my Mother. I have to confess I also love the blue eyes that all the rest of our children and grandchildren have -- and when I was I child I wished for those beautiful dark brown ones!

6. Grace. This virtue defined as "the quality or state of being considerate or thoughtful" seems to have become relatively rare in our society, but what a joy it is when it is unexpectedly encountered in the course of our daily lives!

7. How could I possibly wait until number 7 to mention #1? Of course the ultimate blessing in life is our GOD: the Lover of My Soul, The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Father Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, My Lord.


2 comments:

Shari said...

We have lots of Games going here today - Dutch Blitz, Nine Square, Go Fish, and computer games. There's a snow storm going on outside. I can't wait another 2 1/2 months to see that Green Grass.

Jane said...

This is a great Sunday Seven.
I hope you will share a picture of your granddaughter in that dress. I am sure she looks fabulous.
I loved your Spanish comment on my blog! I even understood it. Now here is MY Spanish response to you.
Tu es una bendicion a me.