1. Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them. Dion Boucicault
2. You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin
3. Time goes, you say? Ah, no! alas, time stays, we go. Henry Austin Dobson
4. The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. C. S. Lewis
5. Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn
6. Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. Carl Sandburg
7. How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. Annie Dillard
8. For everything there is a season,And a time for every matter under heaven:A time to be born, and a time to die;A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;A time to kill, and a time to heal;A time to break down, and a time to build up;A time to weep, and a time to laugh;A time to mourn, and a time to dance;A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;A time to seek, and a time to lose;A time to keep, and a time to throw away;A time to tear, and a time to sew;A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;A time to love, and a time to hate,A time for war, and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
9. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin
10. Lost, yesterday, somewhere between Sunrise and Sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever. Horace Mann
11. ... we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless. Paul Bowles
12. If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.
Maria Edgeworth, O Magazine, April 2004
13. 'Twas on a Holy Thursday, their innocent faces clean, The children walking two & two, in red & blue & green. William Blake (1757 - 1827)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants