Saturday, March 18, 2006

Home at Last; Home at Last

As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"

We got in at bedtime last night - tired, happy, and with lots to catch up on. Today we have been trying to get our bodyclocks reset to the time difference while we have been unpacking, washing clothes, and checking snailmail, phone messages, and email. I hope to get back to blogging when we get our "real life" chores caught up.

Many, many thanks to Lyn, Scott and Ellen for carrying on in our absence!!!

I can't wait to write of our viewing of two well-known volcanos -- and our close-up and personal viewing of an actual eruption of a lesser-known one!

I will also write soon of our too-close-for-comfort re-living of St. Paul's shipwreck experience on Malta during a storm and rough seas as we approached the island and of our aborted flight take-off from JFK which delayed our departure there by a couple of hours.

I hope to post some pictures from the beautiful town of Taormina, Sicily, and from the other places we visited -- although I am not a very good photographer and have a fairly primitive digital camera that doesn't get very good quality pics. For some reason (unknown to me) I can't get the program to upload any of my pics right now - I was going to go ahead and post at least a couple.

In the meantime, here is a stock photo of the MV Astoria - our cruise ship.

I have a lot of blog-reading to do as I find out what is going on in the lives of all my blogging friends. Thanks for your visits and comments while I have been inaccessible.

Caio!

No comments: