First of all, Happy Birthday, SBS
(Sweet Baby Sister)
I will go ahead a post the Christmas Trivia answers since I have a colonoscopy scheduled for early this afternoon and I am not sure how "sit-downable" I will be later today!! If you have had one of these procedures, you know what a fun evening I had last night and what a great start of a day this morning! (Here's a rag to wipe away the dripping sarcasm in that last remark - no pun or reference intended.)
If you haven't tried to answer the trivia questions yet, don't peek at the answers yet -- just scroll on down and try the questions first.
1. Irving Berlin wrote White Christmas.
2. Feliz Navidad is Spanish for Christmas.
3. Mr. Costanza celebrates "Festivus."
4. The Grinch's dog's name is Max.
5. "Glory to the newborn King" completes the lyric.
6. The 12 days of Christmas are over on Epiphany (January 6)
7. The Sun is the newspaper that ran the "Yes, Virginia..." editorial.
8. Linus recites the story of Jesus's birth.
9. Happy Xmas (War is Over) is the John Lennon song referenced.
10. Myrrh is a spice sometimes used for perfume.
11. Frosty's nose is a button.
12. Chrismukkah is the blended holiday mentioned on The OC.
13. Kevin is the boy who was left Home Alone (played by MacCauley Culkin.)
14. Handel wrote The Messiah.
15. The Nativity story is recounted in Matthew and in Luke.
16. George Bailey is the character played by Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life.
17. Harry Potter receives an invisibility cloak for Christmas.
18. Norelco is the shaver upon which Santa rode in the TV commercial.
19. Scrooge (in A Christmas Carol) was known for saying, "Bah, humbug!"
20. The day after Christmas is called Boxing Day.
Here are a few bonus questions. These are directly from the AJC article I mentioned yesterday. Those of you know me know why I didn't originally use several of these -- I am not a movie person.
21. The movie Christmas with the Kranks is based on what book by a famous author?
22. In the Will Ferrell movie Elf, what is Ferrell's name?
23. Who narrates the movie A Christmas Story?
24. In The Chipmunk Song what does Alvin want for Christmas?
25. Who was the real St. Nicholas?
26. What Georgia city is associated with fruitcake?
27. Who got run over by a reindeer in the novelty song?