Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Quotes to ponder

How does a person become who he/she wants to be? How can we help children develop in the best way possible for a happy and productive life? I just found this quote again:

Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life. -Giorgos Seferis, writer,diplomat, Nobel laureate (1900-1971)

Someone asked me about a term I used in a previous post -- I mentioned an email "roundabout". I think the following quote from E.B. White is apropo. Moooooo!

The living language is like a cow-path: it is the creation of the cows themselves, who, having created it, follow it or depart from it according to their whims or their needs. From daily use, the path undergoes change. A cow is under no obligation to stay. -E.B. White, writer (1899-1985)

No comments: