Thursday, September 22, 2022

Grandchildren's Birth Songs

When our first grandchild was born, Our daughter, Lyn, the baby's aunt, sang her a song made up on the spot, as Lyn often composed little songs. She did the same thing with her nephew, who was born 16 months later.  When Lyn had her own child a few years later, I didn't want her children to miss having their own song as their cousins did, so I continued the tradition. The later songs were more thought out and were longer and more detailed; so, through the years, we added on to the first two to make them more comparable in length and complexity. All the children loved to have their songs sung. 

Rachael -1992


Rachael Elizabeth, Rachael Elizabeth, 
Rachael Elizabeth, I love you.
You are an angel girl, 
Sweetest in all the world,
A rare and a precious pearl.
How I love you!


Dow - 1994

Dow Rabern, Dow Rabern,
I love you; we all do.
Dow Rabern, Dow Rabern,
I love you, yes, I do.

Oh, look at that handsome face,
Brightening up the place!
You are such a special boy.
What a joy!

Dow Rabern, Dow Rabern,
I love you, yes, I do. 

Brianne - 1997

Stefani Brianne, Stefani Brianne,
I love your sweet little face.
Stefani Brianne, I love you, Brianne.
You make the world a happier place.
 
Oh, I love you so -
You are the sunshine for my day.
I thank God for you -
You are starlight for my night.
Your sweet smile is music for my dance;
Your blue eyes are color for my sight.

Oh, Stefani Brianne, I love you, Brianne
You make the world a brighter, more beautiful,
Colorful, world a happier place!

AnnaGrace -1998

AnnaGrace Catherine, 
I love you so, Little Girl.
AnnaGrace, Sweet Angel Face, 
You brighten up our world.

Our world is brighter since
You came along.
You make it brighter with
Your happy song. 

Just thinking about you
Puts a smile upon my face -
Because I love you so,
Sweet AnnaGrace. 

Natalie - 1998

Natalie Joan. you are a treasure.
I love you more than I can measure
I love you warm as the sunshine,
Blue as the sky,
Soft as a cloud,
And twice as high.

I thank God every day
For the love He has shown
In giving us you,
Sweet Natalie Joan. 

Ethan - 2001

Jack Ethan, I love you
More than you'll ever know -
Every little part of you
From your head down to your toes,

You make my heart sing
With happiness and love.
Ethan, our precious boy
Sweet little Angel boy.
Ethan, our pride and joy,
You're a gift from up above! 


No comments: